How You Will Contribute
You will work with others in Mondelēz International to determine an innovation strategy and priorities to enable consumer-centric brand growth and execute commercial innovation plans on innovation based on identified goals. In partnership with brand teams, you will define and deliver plans to renovate the core brand and to strengthen the entire portfolio through innovation and renovation. You will also manage the portfolio (which includes brand architecture). In this role, you are accountable for revenue and profit, sharing objectives as they relate to innovation, and monitoring performance against key performance indicators. Based on your deep consumer insights, brand strategy and positioning, you will integrate innovation into marketing communication plans and campaigns.
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Marketing, ideally in a matrix environment in the consumer goods industry
- Developing and marketing product innovations at a cross-country level
- Working effectively with other marketing disciplines and with cross-functional teams
- Working with design, innovation and research agencies
- Analytical and creative skills—a balance of commercial and strategic acumen
- Understanding consumers
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills
More About This Role
What you need to know about this position:
The Innovation and Equity Manager will need to develop, manage, and execute the Innovation and Equity communication strategies and marketing excellence for all WA brands. To achieve the strategic targets growth and brand health results that are determined in annual business plans.
The position requires creative leadership and effective innovation ideation management, portfolio management across core, adjacencies, PPA and Geo Expansion for conceptualization processes in development for, traditional media, new media, branded content etc. Within these responsibilities the position needs to ensure internal and external parties’ cooperation, contribution, agencies’ effectiveness, and determination with sustainable co-creation models that are integrated around one ‘core idea’ for each brand.
Education / Certifications:
Professional membership/certification is an added advantage
Job specific requirements: Our ideal candidate should have:
- At least 10 years of experience in Marketing (with preference for food consumer companies and regional roles).
- Proven experience in multifunctional leadership, branding, trade and channels knowledge.
- Experience in product Launching / Innovation process from the idea to execution
- Equity brand building experience and process and procedure adaptation in Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)
May be required to travel when necessary
No Relocation support available Business Unit Summary Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type RegularBrand & Portfolio ManagementMarketing