Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. Some of the things you will do are build dashboards and reports for your business colleagues, surface insights from our big data, report them as trends and state of the data nation, and tell amazing stories with data in ways that operations can understand.
• Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
• Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
• Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
• Helping develop reports and analysis.
• Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
• Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
• Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
• Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
• Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
• Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
• Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
• Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
• Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Dana Air Recruitment 2022, Careers & Job Vacancies (Entry Level & Exp. Positions)
- User Experience Specialist at Interswitch Group
- Shell Recruitment 2022, Careers & Job Vacancies
- Google Recruitment 2022- Lagos
MUST HAVE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), and working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
• Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
• Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
• Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
• High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
• Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
• Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Experience creating dashboards and questions in Metabase using SQL
• Experience creating materialized views
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
• Previous startup experience a plus
• Creative mindset.
• Passionate about teaching technical skills to others
• ML skills
• NOTE (Optional if based in Lagos)
You’ll have to work remotely and communicate with coworkers around the world. Hence,
– A good internet connection is essential.
– Timetables may slightly vary depending on the time zones of your teammates.
– Will have to engage in Video and Audio calls regularly.
Handsome salary with respect to your geolocation and experience.