About the job
2021 Top Small Business Lending Platform Award by LendIt Fintech
SmartBiz is on a mission to transform small business lending.
- Marketing Coordinator & Content Writer
- Opay Recruitment 2022, Careers & Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- CVM Career Company Recruitment- Internship & Exp. (4 Positions)
SmartBiz is the leading AI-powered small business financing platform equipping entrepreneurs with access to the right capital at the right time. To date, we’ve connected borrowers with more than $9 billion in funding while increasing efficiency for our network of banks and trusted lending partners. More than 230,000 entrepreneurs have utilized our platform to access the funding they need to grow, with 60% of loans made to minority, women, or veteran-owned businesses.
Senior Engineering Manager, Platform
Technology is the heart of what we do at SmartBiz and the platform provides the critical foundation for our products. Our Platform Team is where we innovate and impact how underwriting has traditionally been done, how a bank processes a loan, reviews a credit file, and how calculations are done on risk/credit worthiness. Where others see complexity, you see elegant and scalable services. You know how to juggle the ask of multiple consumers, working closing with product and architecture, to deliver on the needs of the business (and small businesses and banks).
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Grow and lead the platform team to deliver on key infrastructure for the product roadmap
- Advocate for the technical health of the platform components
- Partner closely with architecture to ensure the platform team is operating at the forefront of the best practices for SmartBiz
- Act as a thought partner to leadership and colleagues across engineering and product and translate strategy into execution and delivery
- Deliver highly observable services using distributed tracing, logging, and metric collection
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Able to build strong teams via hiring balancing the needs of the team now and into the future
- Strong technical experience enabling the ability to roll up their sleeves as needed
- Excellent communication skills to partner with other engineering teams and the rest of the business
- Knowledge of what good architecture looks like for cloud-based microservices
- Ability to define technical strategy around scalable service platforms and architecture, APIs, SDKs, etc
Opportunities & Benefits We Will Provide:
- On the path to an IPO and an opportunity to help us through the journey to becoming a public company
- Opportunity to help redefine small business banking
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- 100% paid life and disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Work from anywhere in the United States; we’re a fully distributed company, and we provide the tools, culture, and support to make your work setup work for you
More About SmartBiz:
- 60% + of the loans funded by our banks are for women-owned, minority, or veteran businesses
- American Banker’s Best Places to Work in Financial Technology in 2017, 2020, and 2021
- TechBullion named SmartBiz as one of the 5 Best Fintech Companies to Work For in 2019
- #313 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. in 2018
- Named one of the Best Places to Work and one of the Bay Area’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by the San Francisco Business Times
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and rated “excellent” by review websites TrustPilot, Consumer Affairs, and Google
The company has raised $47 million in venture funding. Investors include Venrock, Investor Growth Capital, and First Round Capital.
SmartBiz Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.
California residents can learn more about how we use your information by visiting https://sites.google.com/view/smartbizloans-employment-ccpa