Senior L&D Manager- Kuda bank jobs- Jobs in Nigeria- Jobs Near me
About the job
Kuda is a full-service, digital-only bank with a mission to make banking more accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
Founded in 2019, Kuda provides full banking services through its suite of apps for Android phones, iPhones and the web, allowing everyday Nigerians with internet access to operate a spending account, access instant credit, save money automatically and earn annual interest without the burden of traditional bank charges such as card maintenance fees, account maintenance fees and excessive transfer fees.
Kuda has offices in London, Cape Town and Lagos, Nigeria – where it operates as Kuda Microfinance Bank under license from the Central Bank of Nigeria.
About the Role:
The Senior L&D Manager is responsible for the provision of support services i.e., determining the demand/supply and scheduling of training interventions, data management associated with training activities including course loading and financial analysis and the production of training material.
In order to execute this function, the role holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the HR & People team to ensure/implement a strong Learning Organization culture
- Own the Training Schedule including Mandatory Training
- Deliver New Starter/ New Manager HRIS training
- Work with the Group CPO, the Compliance department and other departments on the development and roll out of internal training programs such as regulatory training (AML, Whistleblowing, Vulnerable customers, Treating Customer Fairly etc.), Leadership & Management training, Customer Excellence training; and learning how to deliver these with a view to being the one responsible for delivering the training to identified parties in the future
- Assist with administering the HR induction process for all new starters, ensuring that the different departments have prepared their onboarding induction decks, and are scheduled for induction with new hires
- Logging all L&D requests/requirements and presenting a list of all requirements and costs to the Group CPO for approval and appropriate sign off
- Ensuring that relevant TEC Agreements are completed and fully executed before any spends occur from the L&D budget
- Help to facilitate the performance review and OKR process, ensuring all reviews are saved with objectives logged
- Maintain/Update the HRIS and HR database with changes relevant to L&D and checking if unsure with the Group CPO
- Undertake analysis of training data and produce training packs for presentation to Managers
- Create and distribute requested reports, including training attendance, incomplete training, regulatory and non-regulatory etc., on a weekly/monthly basis or as required
- Manage and coordinate the Compliance Training calendar, and logging attendances
- Ensure all training is recorded in the HRIS and fall within any set Training Matrix
- Support the implementation of the functional competency measurement tool
- Help with the facilitation of internal and externally hosted training sessions
- Own the mentoring program, and ensuring that mentees are adequately matched to mentors, and keeping track of their progress
- Play key role in Kuda Academy initiatives and champion policies, processes and culture
- Help with the roll-out key of HR initiatives: employee surveys, training, etc.
- Actively stay abreast of trends, legislation and developments that may impact yours and your HR colleagues’ responsibilities to employees
- Other ad-hoc requests as may be needed.
Other Jobs From Us:
- Work From Home Data Clerk Needed , Earn $1700 Per Week- Jobs in New York
- Software Engineer- (Remote) Jobs in Nigeria
- Personal Assistant (Remote, Nigeria)- Jobs near me
- Senior Business Development Manager (Nigeria N400,000- N800,000)
- At least 5 years’ working experience with a minimum of 2 years’ progressive experience as an L&D Professional
- Must have demonstrable experience of creating and delivering training covering key Financial Services regulatory training pertaining to compliance – AML, whistleblowing, treating customers fairly etc.
- Professional L&D/Training Qualification and/or CIPD Membership required
- Must have Financial Services and/or Fintech experience, or experience delivering regulatory training to companies in these sectors
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Must be analytical, with an affinity with data, and creating relevant MI
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- Strong execution skills and acute attention to detail
- HRIS system experience is highly desirable – Any experience using Workable and HiBob would be advantageous
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in a productive and professional manner
- Must be reliable, responsible and able to handle highly confidential information with discretion
- Good awareness of current legislation and best practice processes
- Tenacity to keep chasing information to ensure timely receipt of data/completion of projects
- Good numerical / financial understanding
- Must have excellent emotional intelligence and utter discretion
- Must have confidence and gravitas to promote HR best practice
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Team player – willing to provide support and leverage across the entire team when needed
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, PowerPoint
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance